The beautiful land consists mostly of deep river valleys and unconquered forests which is far off the trodden track as compare to the Darjeeling Himalayas with more rugged and rough hills all around. The main attraction for adventurous travelers is trekking and the best method of enjoying the culture and natural beauty of these hills are trekking. High plateau with terraced slopes, alpine forests, small lakes and great snow views combines together offering some of the greatest trek routes in Eastern Himalayas. It not only holds the ancient heart and soul of Sikkim but it is the place where visitors discover the ancient form of Sikkim
Places of interest in West Sikkim are as follows
- Rabdentese Ruins: The flawless dramatic view from the top of the ruins scanning across the deep valley to the superntural heights of Kanchenjunga ranges is something to be admired and engraved in memory.
- Sanga-Choling Monastery: It is situated on a ridge above Pelling and is considered to be one of the oldest monasteries in the State where one has to reach walking up atleast for 40mins to the steep hilly slope that leads through rich forest covers
- Khecheopalri Lake is known for its holy and sacred reasons for Hindus and Buddhist hich is hidden and covered by forests
- Pelling is an awesome attraction for tourists in West Sikkim situated at an altitude of 6800ft that also offers a good view of whole mountain ranges and is just 10kms distance from Gyalsing.
- Yuksam was the first capital is now considered a sacred place by the people of Sikkim.
- Tashiding Monastery: It is constructed generally on top of a heart shaped hill with the back drop of the holy Mt. Khang-chen-Dzonga
- Varsey: This place lies at an elevation of 10000ft having a motorable road access upto Hilley which provides a magnificent view of the mountains